Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Day 3 - Lee

Have been listening to the audiobook format of Stephen King's On Writing (an old favorite) at work.  This is perhaps a bad idea, as I then spend the entire day wishing that I was sitting at my desk at home, working on the manuscript.  By the time I get home, I'm exhausted just from thinking, dreaming, wishing, planning what I will do.  I remember feeling this way often when in school-- of course then I could generally hide that I was writing ("taking notes") but even then I couldn't keep all of my mind focused on the writing, so it wasn't satisfying.

Yet another lesson about living in the moment. I seem to keep getting smacked in the face with those lately. 

When I finally did make it home I didn't even work on the part I had been thinking about all day, getting caught up in another segment of the story.  Mostly did editing today-- Kill your Darlings Kill your Darlings and all that.  Say what you will about the work and mental energy required for creation-- editing trumps it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment